Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"30 Rock" vocab lesson: "mind grapes"

"Mind grapes"; expression:
  • the fruit of one's mind, from which "juices" (ideas, concepts, etc.) may be produced.
Origin: Jack Donaghy, portrayed by Alec Baldwin, and Tracy Jordan, portrayed by Tracy Morgan, in "30 Rock" episode 107, "Tracy Does Conan" (written by Tina Fey).

Screen cap credit: Lore-85.

In "Tracy Does Conan", Jack Donaghy is trying to write a speech about Jack Welsh, saying that Welsh "squeezes... juice out of his workers' mind grapes". Liz and Jack agree it doesn't make sense, and moments later Tracy says, "what else is on my mind grapes?" ... perhaps confirming that it does not, indeed, make sense. But I dare you not to use it in your everyday life.


Use it in a sentence: "I'm on a deadline and I've got to squeeze every last drop of juice out of my mind grapes."

No comments:

Post a Comment